Target Audience:This activity is intended for the infectious disease specialist.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation:AHC Media designates this enduring material for a maximum of 3.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Faculty Listing:Editor Stan Deresinski, MD, FACP, FIDSA
Clinical Professor of Medicine
Redwood City, CA Board Member and Updates Author Carol A. Kemper, MD, FACP Section Editor Updates
Clinical Associate Professor of Medicine
Division of Infectious Diseases
Santa Clara Valley Medical Center Board Member and Peer Reviewer Timothy Jenkins, MD
Assistant Professor of Medicine
University of Colorado
Denver Health Medical Center Board Member and Associate Editor Richard R. Watkins, MD, MS, FACP
Division of Infectious Diseases
Akron General Medical Center
Associate Professor of Internal Medicine,
Northeast Ohio Medical University
Philip R. Fischer, MD, DTM&H
Professor of Pediatrics,
Department of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine,
Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN.
Joseph F John, Jr., MD, FACP, FIDSA, FSHEA
Associate Chief of Staff for Education,
Ralph H. Johnson Veterans Administration Medical Center;
Professor of Medicine, Medical University of South Carolina,
Charleston, South Carolina
Dean L. Winslow, MD, FACP, FIDSA
Chairman, Department of Medicine
Santa Clara Valley Medical Center
Clinical Professor of Medicine and Pediatrics (Affiliated)
Division of Infectious Diseases and Geographic Medicine
Stanford University School of Medicine
- U.S. MERS cases worked in Saudi hospitals
- Pertussis Outbreak in a Newborn ICU costs $100,000 to Contain
- Abstract & Commentary Neurological Manifestations of Influenza in the Era of the new Pandemic (H1N1) Strain
- HIV Infection and Subclinical Coronary Artery Disease
- Neuraminidase Inhibitor Therapy of Influenza Virus Infections — Yes or No?
- FDA Advisory Committee Recommends Approval of Tedizolid and Dalbavancin
- Chagas Disease as a Cause of Dilated Cardiomyopathy in New York City
- Update: MERS in America
- Infectious Disease Alert Updates
- Discuss the diagnosis and treatment of infectious diseases
- Explain current data regarding the use of new antibiotics for commonly diagnosed diseases and new uses for traditional drugs
- Discuss the latest information regarding risks, benefits and cost-effectiveness of new and traditional diagnostic tests
- Discuss new information regarding how infectious diseases are transmitted and how such information can lead to the development of new therapies
Infectious Disease Alert's editor, Stan Deresinski, MD, FACP, FIDSA, does research for the National Institutes of Health, and is an advisory board member and consultant for Merck; Updates author, Carol A. Kemper, MD, FACP, does research for Abbott Laboratories and Merck. Peer reviewer Timothy Jenkins, MD, and executive editor Gary Evans report no financial relationships to this field of study.
Authors Joseph F John, Jr., MD, and Philip R. Fischer, MD, DTM&H report no financial relationships in this field of study. Dean L. Winslow, MD, FACP, FIDSA, is a consultant for Siemens Diagnostic.
Copyright 2014, AHC Media.