Target Audience:This activity is intended for the internist and family practitioner.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation:AHC Media designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Protecting the Oldest of Old Bones
- Anticoagulating the Elderly With Atrial Fib: How Low Should You Go?
- Fecal DNA vs Fecal Occult Blood For Colorectal Cancer Screening in an Average Risk Population
- Atenolol For Hypertension
- Pharmacology Update: Natalizumab Injection (Tysabri)
- Clinical Briefs
- ECG Review: Are P Waves "Married”?
- Describe new findings in differential diagnosis and treatment of various diseases
- Describe controversies, advantages, and disadvantages of those advances
- Describe cost-effective treatment regimens
- Describe the pros and cons of new screening procedures
Financial Disclosure:In order to reveal any potential bias in this publication, and in accordance with Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education guidelines, we disclose that Dr.Stephen Brunton is a consultant for Andrx, Reliant, and AstraZeneca and serves on the speaker’s bureau of Janssen, Schering, Aventis and AstraZeneca.
Dr. Ralph R. Hall is a consultant for Aventis.
Dr. Louis Kuritzky is a consultant for GlaxoSmithKline and is on the speaker’s bureau of GlaxoSmithKline, 3-M, Wyeth-Ayerst, Pfizer, Novartis, Bristol-Myers Squibb, AstraZeneca, Jones Pharma, and Boehringer Ingelheim.
Dr. Barbara Phillips serves on the speaker’s bureau of Cephalon, Boehringer Ingelheim, Merck, Res Med, and GlaxoSmithKline and is a consultant for Boehringer Ingelheim, Wyeth-Ayerst, and Res Med.
Dr. Malcolm Robinson serves as a consultant for TAP, Pfizer, Janssen, Eisai, J&J-Merck, and Procter & Gamble, is on the speaker’s bureau of Janssen, Eli Lilly, Solvay, TAP, and Aventis, and does research for Forest Labs, Wyeth-Ayerst, AstraZeneca,and Centocor.
Drs. James Chan, Michael H. Crawford, MD, William Elliott, Ken Grauer, Harold Karpman, and Allan J. Wilke report no consultant, stockholder, speaker’s bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study.
Copyright 2005 AHC Media. All rights reserved.