Target Audience:This activity is intended for the internist and family practitioner.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation:AHC Media designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.75 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Stephen Brunton, MD
University of California, Irvine
Gerald Roberts, MD
Assistant Clinical Professor of Medicine
Albert Einstein College of Medicine
New York, NY
Barbara A. Phillips, MD, MSPH
Professor of Medicine
University of Kentucky;
Sleep Disorders Center
Mary Elina Ferris, MD
Clinical Associate Professor
University of Southern California
Malcolm Robinson, MD, FACP, FACG
Emeritus Clinical Professor of Medicine
University of Oklahoma College of Medicine
James Chan, PharmD, PhD
Pharmacy Quality and Outcomes Manager
William T. Elliott, MD, FACP
Northern California Kaiser Permanente;
Asst. Clinical Professor of Medicine
University of California
Louis Kuritzky, MD
Clinical Assistant Professor
University of Florida
Carol Kemper, MD, FACP
Clinical Associate Professor of Medicine
Division of Infectious Diseases
Santa Clara Valley Medical Center
Dara G. Jamieson, MD
Associate Professor of Clinical Neurology
Weill Medical College
- Another Reason to Get Your Flu Shot
- The Cost of Reducing Bed Side Rail Use
- Omeprazole Before Endoscopy in Patients with Gastrointestinal Bleeding
- Special Feature: Plain Old Gonorrhea Increasingly Difficult to Treat
- Is the Tingling on My Scalp Helping my Headaches? Occipital Nerve Stimulation for Cluster Headaches
- Sitagliptin and Metformin Tablets (Janumet™)
- Clinical Briefs by Louis Kurtizky, MD
- Describe new findings in differential diagnosis and treatment of various diseases
- Describe controversies, advantages, and disadvantages of those advances
- Describe cost-effective treatment regimens
- Describe the pros and cons of new screening procedures.
Financial Disclosure:Internal Medicine Alert's editor, Stephen Brunton, MD, is a consultant for Abbott, Amylin, Boehringer Ingelheim, Eli Lilly, Endo, Novartis, and Novo Nordisk. Peer reviewer Gerald Roberts, MD, associate editors Barbara A. Phillips, MD, MSPH , Mary Elina Ferris, MD, Malcolm Robinson, MD, FACP, FACG, James Chan, PhD, PharmD, and William T. Elliott, MD, FACP, and authors Carol Kemper, MD, FACP and Dara G. Jamieson, MD report no financial relationships to this field of study. Associate editor Louis Kurtizky, MD is a consultant for GlaxoSmithKline and is on the speaker’s bureau of GlaxoSmithKline, 3M, Wyeth-Ayerst, Pfizer, Novartis, Bristol-Myers Squibb, AstraZeneca, Jones Pharma, and Boehringer Ingelheim.
Copyright 2007 AHC Media. All rights reserved.