Target Audience:This activity is intended for the internist and family practitioner.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation:AHC Media designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.75 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Stephen Brunton, MD
University of California, Irvine
Gerald Roberts, MD
Assistant Clinical Professor of Medicine
Albert Einstein College of Medicine
New York, NY
Mary Elina Ferris, MD
Clinical Associate Professor
University of Southern California
Malcolm Robinson, MD, FACP, FACG
Emeritus Clinical Professor of Medicine
University of Oklahoma College of Medicine
James Chan, PharmD, PhD
Pharmacy Quality and Outcomes Manager
William T. Elliott, MD, FACP
Northern California Kaiser Permanente;
Asst. Clinical Professor of Medicine
University of California
Louis Kuritzky, MD
Clinical Assistant Professor
University of Florida, Gainesville
Leon Speroff, MD
Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Oregon Health and Science University
Michael H. Crawford, MD
Professor of Medicine
Chief of Clinical Cardiology
University of California
Charles Pollak, MD
Weill Medical College
Center for Sleep Disorders
- Bone Loss in the Elderly Associated with SSRIs
- The Role of Surgery in Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease
- Hepatitis C and Menopause
- Coronary Calcification and Perfusion Imaging
- Does Sleep Deprivation Aggravate Chronic Pain?
- Eculizumab Solution for Intravenous Infusion (Soliris™)
- Clinical Briefs by Louis Kurtizky, MD
- Describe new findings in differential diagnosis and treatment of various diseases
- Describe controversies, advantages, and disadvantages of those advances
- Describe cost-effective treatment regimens
- Describe the pros and cons of new screening procedures.
Financial Disclosure:Internal Medicine Alert's editor, Stephen Brunton, MD, is a consultant for Abbott, Amylin, Boehringer Ingelheim, Eli Lilly, Endo, Novartis, and Novo Nordisk. Peer reviewer Gerald Roberts, MD, associate editors Mary Elina Ferris, MD, Malcolm Robinson, MD, FACP, FACG, William T. Elliott, MD, FACP, and James Chan, PharmD, PhD, and author Charles Pollak, MD reports no financial relationship to this field of study. Author Leon Speroff, MD is a consultant for Warner Chilcott. Author Michael H. Crawford, MD is on the speaker's bureau for Pfizer. Associate editor Louis Kuritzky, MD is a consultant for GlaxoSmithKline and is on the speaker's bureau of GlaxoSmithKline, 3M, Wyeth-Ayerst, Pfizer, Novartis, Bristol-Myers Squibb, AstraZeneca, Jones Pharma, and Boehringer Ingelheim.
Copyright 2007 AHC Media. All rights reserved.