Target Audience:This activity is intended for the internist and family practitioner.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation:AHC Media designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.75 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Stephen A. Brunton, MD
University of California, Irvine
Allan J. Wilke, MD
Residency Program Director
Associate Professor of Family Medicine
University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Medicine
Huntsville Regional Medical Campus
Harold L. Karpman, MD, FACC, FACP, Clinical Professor of Medicine, UCLA School of Medicine
William T. Elliott, MD, FACP
Chair, Formulary Committee
Northern California Kaiser Permanente
Asst. Clinical Professor of Medicine
University of California
James Chan, PharmD, PhD
Pharmacy Quality and Outcomes Manager
Louis Kuritzky, MD
Clinical Assistant Professor
University of Florida
Ken Grauer, MD
Professor, Assistant Director
Family Practice Residency
Program, University of Florida
Gerald Roberts, MD
Assistant Clinical Professor of Medicine
Albert Einstein College of Medicine
New York, NY
Carol A. Kemper, MD, FACP
Clinical Associate Professor of Medicine, Stanford University, Division of Infectious Diseases, Santa Clara Valley Medical Center
- Diagnosing UTI is as Simple as 1, 2, 3
- The Long-term Risk for Fatal Pulmonary Embolism after Discontinuing Anticoagulant Therapy for Venous Thromboembolism
- Special Feature: Female Physicians at Greater Risk for Suicide
- Nebivolol Tablets (Bystolic™)
- Clinical Briefs by Louis Kuritzky, MD
- ECG Review: Chest Pain After Bypass
- describe new findings in differential diagnosis and treatment of various diseases
- describe controversies, advantages, and disadvantages of those advances
- describe cost-effective treatment regimens
- describe the pros and cons of new screening procedures.
Internal Medicine Alert's editor, Stephen Brunton, MD, is a consultant for Abbott, Amylin, Boehringer Ingelheim, Eli Lilly, Endo, Novartis, and Novo Nordisk. Associate editors Allan J. Wilke, MD, Harold L. Karpman, MD, FACC, FACP, William T. Elliott, MD, FACP, James Chan, PharmD, PhD, author Carol A. Kemper, MD, FACP, and peer reviewer Gerald Roberts, MD, report no financial relationships to this field of study. Louis Kuritzky, MD is a consultant for GlaxoSmithKline and is on the speaker's bureau of GlaxoSmithKline, 3M, Wyeth-Ayerst, Pfizer, Novartis, Bristol-Myers Squibb, AstraZeneca, Jones Pharma, and Boehringer Ingelheim. Associate editor Ken Grauer, MD is the sole proprietor of KG-EKG Press, and publisher of an ECG pocket brain book.
Copyright 2008 AHC Media. All rights reserved.