Target Audience:This activity is intended for the internist and family practitioner.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation:AHC Media designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.75 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Stephen A. Brunton, MD
University of California, Irvine
Joseph E. Scherger, MD, MPH
University of California
Barbara Phillips, MD, MSPH
Professor of Medicine
University of Kentucky
Director, Sleep Disorders Center
William T. Elliott, MD, FACP
Chair, Formulary Committee
Northern California Kaiser Permanente
Asst. Clinical Professor of Medicine
University of California
James Chan, PharmD, PhD
Pharmacy Quality and Outcomes Manager
Louis Kuritzky, MD
Clinical Assistant Professor
University of Florida
Ken Grauer, MD
Professor, Assistant Director
Family Practice Residency
Program, University of Florida
Gerald Roberts, MD
Assistant Clinical Professor of Medicine
Albert Einstein College of Medicine
New York, NY
- Magic Words for Smoking Cessation — Your Lungs Are 10 Years Older Than You Are
- A Little DASH of Common Sense
- Should We Be Screening for Hepatitis C?
- Sumatriptan Succinate and Naproxen Sodium Tablets (Treximet™)
- Clinical Briefs By Louis Kuritzky, MD
- describe new findings in differential diagnosis and treatment of various diseases
- describe controversies, advantages, and disadvantages of those advances
- describe cost-effective treatment regimens
- describe the pros and cons of new screening procedures.
Internal Medicine Alert's editor, Stephen Brunton, MD, is a consultant for Abbott, Amylin, Boehringer Ingelheim, Eli Lilly, Endo, Novartis, and Novo Nordisk. Assciate editors Joseph E. Scherger, MD, MPH, Barbara Phillips, MD, MSPH, William T. Elliott, MD, FACP, James Chan, PharmD, PhD, and peer reviewer Gerald Roberts, MD, report no financial relationships to this field of study. Louis Kuritzky, MD is a consultant for GlaxoSmithKline and is on the speaker's bureau of GlaxoSmithKline, 3M, Wyeth-Ayerst, Pfizer, Novartis, Bristol-Myers Squibb, AstraZeneca, Jones Pharma, and Boehringer Ingelheim. Associate editor Ken Grauer, MD is the sole proprietor of KG-EKG Press, and publisher of an ECG pocket brain book.
Copyright 2008 AHC Media. All rights reserved.