Target Audience:This activity is intended for the internist and family practitioner.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation:AHC Media designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.75 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Stephen A. Brunton, MD
University of California, Irvine
Malcolm Robinson MD, FACP, FACG
Emeritus Clinical Professor of Medicine
University of Oklahoma College of Medicine
William T. Elliott, MD, FACP
Chair, Formulary Committee
Northern California Kaiser Permanente
Asst. Clinical Professor of Medicine
University of California
James Chan, PharmD, PhD
Pharmacy Quality and Outcomes Manager
Louis Kuritzky, MD
Clinical Assistant Professor
University of Florida
Ken Grauer, MD
Professor, Assistant Director
Family Practice Residency
Program, University of Florida
John J. Caronna, MD
Professor of Clinical Neurology
Weill Cornell Medical College
New York, NY
Harold L. Karpman, MD, FACC, FACP
Clinical Professor of Medicine
UCLA School of Medicine
Gerald Roberts, MD
Assistant Clinical Professor of Medicine
Albert Einstein College of Medicine
New York, NY
- Long-Term Cognitive Decline and Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery (CABG)
- Meta-analysis: Sequential Therapy Appears Superior to Standard Therapy for Helicobacter pylori Infection in Patients NaÃ¯ve to Treatment
- Value of Homocysteine-lowering Folic-Acid/ vitamin B Therapy in Cardiovascular Prevention—Have We Been Wrong Again?
- Duloxetine Delayed-Release Capsules (Cymbalta®)
- Clinical Briefs by Louis Kuritzky, MD
- ECG Review: A Scooped ST Tachycardia
- describe new findings in differential diagnosis and treatment of various diseases
- describe controversies, advantages, and disadvantages of those advances
- describe cost-effective treatment regimens
- describe the pros and cons of new screening procedures.
Internal Medicine Alert's editor, Stephen Brunton, MD, is a consultant for Abbott, Amylin, Boehringer Ingelheim, Eli Lilly, Endo, Novartis, and Novo Nordisk. Authors John J. Caronna, MD, Harold L. Karpman, MD, FACC, FACP, associate editors Malcolm Robinson MD, FACP, FACG, William T. Elliott, MD, FACP, James Chan, PharmD, PhD, and peer reviewer Gerald Roberts, MD, report no financial relationships to this field of study. Louis Kuritzky, MD is a consultant for GlaxoSmithKline and is on the speaker's bureau of GlaxoSmithKline, 3M, Wyeth-Ayerst, Pfizer, Novartis, Bristol-Myers Squibb, AstraZeneca, Jones Pharma, and Boehringer Ingelheim. Associate editor Ken Grauer, MD is the sole proprietor of KG-EKG Press, and publisher of an ECG pocket brain book.
Copyright 2008 AHC Media. All rights reserved.