Target Audience:This CME activity is intended for the internist/family physician.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation:AHC Media designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.75 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Internal Medicine Alert has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 1 Prescribed credit by the American Academy of Family Physicians. AAFP accreditation begins 01/15/13. Term of approval is for one year from this date with the option of yearly renewal.
Stephen A. Brunton, MD
University of California, Irvine
Rahul Gupta, MD, MPH, FACP
Clinical Assistant Professor
West Virginia University School of Medicine
William T. Elliott, MD, FACP
Chair, Formulary Committee
Northern California Kaiser Permanente
Asst. Clinical Professor of Medicine
University of California
James Chan, PharmD, PhD
Pharmacy Quality and Outcomes Manager
Louis Kuritzky, MD
Clinical Assistant Professor
University of Florida
Michael H. Crawford, MD
Dónal P. O’Mathúna, PhD
Senior Lecturer in Ethics, Decision-Making & Evidence
School of Nursing and Human Sciences
Dublin City University
Matthew E. Fink, MD
Professor and Chairman
Department of Neurology
Weill Cornell Medical College
New York Presbyterian Hospital
Gerald Roberts, MD
Assistant Clinical Professor of Medicine
Albert Einstein College of Medicine
New York, NY
- Healthy Physicians Equal Healthy Patients
- Hemorrhagic Stoke with Dual Antiplatelet Therapy
- Large Systematic Review of Vitamin and Antioxidant Supplements Finds No Impact on Risk of CVD
- Mediterranean Diet Can Reduce Risk for Stroke
- Low Levels of Light Exposure Associated with Higher Stroke Incidence
- Pharmacology Update: Acyclovir Buccal Tablets (Sitavig)
- Are OSA Outcomes Better in the Hands of Sleep Specialists than Primary Care Clinicians?
- Inhaled Steroids Increase Risk of TB in COPD Patients
- describe new findings in differential diagnosis and treatment of various diseases
- describe the advantages, disadvantages and controversies surrounding the latest advances in the diagnosis and treatment of disease
- identify cost-effective treatment regimens
- explain the advantages and disadvantages of new disease screening procedures.
Financial Disclosure:Internal Medicine Alert
's editor, Stephen Brunton, MD
, serves on the advisory board for Lilly, Boehringer Ingelheim, Novo Nordisk, Sunovion, and Teva; he serves on the speakers bureau of Boehringer Ingelheim, Lilly, Kowa, Novo Nordisk, and Teva.
Associate editors Rahul Gupta, MD, MPH, FACP, William T. Elliott, MD, FACP, , and James Chan, PharmD, PhD, Authors Michael H. Crawford, MD, and DÃ³nal P. O€™MathÃºna, PhD, Peer reviewer Gerald Roberts, MD; executive editor Leslie Coplin; and managing editor Neill Kimball report no financial relationships relevant to this field of study.
Author Matthew E. Fink, MD is a retained consultant for MAQUET.
Associate editor Louis Kuritzky, MD is an advisor for Endo, Kowa, Pricara, and Takeda.
Copyright 2013 AHC Media. All rights reserved.