Target Audience:This activity is intended for clinical trial research physicians and nurses.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Credit Designation:This activity has been approved for 1.25 nursing contact hours using a 60-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.25 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
Kay Ball, RN, CNOR, FAAN
K & D Medical
Lewis Center, OH
Robert M. Nelson, MD, PhD
Professor of Anesthesia and Critical Care
University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
Director, Center for Research Integrity
The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- Internet research raises unique ethical concerns for IRBs
- Internet guideline defines research, explores issues
- Video poses confidentiality and consent challenges
- Research project developed active, engaged consumer advisory board
- Revisit your conflict of interest policies to ensure comprehensive coverage
- Improve your IRB's orientation & continuing education for members
- establish clinical trial programs using accepted ethical principles for human subject protection
- apply the mandated regulatory safeguards for patient recruitment, follow-up and reporting of findings for human subject research
- comply with the necessary educational requirements regarding informed consent and human subject research
Financial Disclosure:Editor Suzanne Koziatek, Editor Melinda Young, Associate Publisher Lee Landenberger, Managing Editor Paula Cousins, Nurse Planner Kay Ball, RN, CNOR, FAAN, and Physician Reviewer Robert M. Nelson, MD, PhD, report no consultant, stockholder, speaker's bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies related to the content in this CE/CME activity.
Copyright 2008 AHC Media. All rights reserved.