Target Audience:This activity is intended for clinical trial research physicians and nurses.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Credit Designation:This activity has been approved for 1.25 nursing contact hours using a 60-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.25 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
Kay Ball, RN, PhD, CNOR, FAAN
K & D Medical
Lewis Center, OH
Mark S. Schreiner, MD
Associate Professor of Anesthesia in Pediatrics
University of Pennsylvania Chair
Committee for the Protection of Human Subjects
The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- Teleworking might be future trend for IRB and research offices
- Solicit input on IRB process changes with "crowdsourcing"
- Help new IRB members find a helpful and appropriate mentor
- HMO group uses alternate IRB model to review low-risk studies
- International research group updates ethics training course
- President's commission begins review of research protections
- University facilitates more CEnR involvement
- establish clinical trial programs using accepted ethical principles for human subject protection
- apply the mandated regulatory safeguards for patient recruitment, follow-up and reporting of findings for human subject research
- comply with the necessary educational requirements regarding informed consent and human subject research
Financial Disclosure:Editor Suzanne Koziatek, Editor Melinda Young, Executive Editor Michael Harris, Nurse Planner Kay Ball, RN, PhD, CNOR, FAAN, and Physician Reviewer Mark S. Schreiner, MD, report no consultant, stockholder, speaker's bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies related to the content in this CNE/CME activity.
Copyright 2011 AHC Media. All rights reserved.