Target Audience:This activity is intended for all practicing physicians.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation:AHC Media designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Triage during a mass disaster: The usual rules don’t apply
- Medical ethics pioneer discusses advances
- Build ethical practice into clinical study design
- Strengthen stem cell research ethics now
- FDA delays OTC status for ‘morning after’ pill
- to discuss and apply new information about hospital-based approaches to bioethical issues
- explain developments in the regulatory arena and how they apply to the hospital ethics committee
- share acquired knowledge of these developments and advances among committee members
- implement procedures and techniques suggested by experts in the field
- stay abreast of developments in bioethics and their implications on patient care, risk management, and liability
- learn how bioethical issues specifically affect physicians, patients, and patient families
- learn the latest information that can be applied in the committee setting relating to policy and procedure development
- learn how the roles of different types of health care practitioners are vital to the overall implementation of a viable and useful ethics committee
Financial Disclosure:Cynda Hylton Rushton (Consulting Editor), Arthur R. Derse, MD, JD (Board Member), Allison Mechem Weaver (Editor), Coles McKagen (Editorial Group Head), and Jill Robbins (Managing Editor) report no consultant, stockholder, speakers’ bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study.