Target Audience:This activity is intended for acute care physicians, chiefs of medicine, hospital administrators, nurse managers, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, social workers, and chaplains.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation:AHC Media designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Faculty Board Member
Arthur R. Derse, MD, JD
Medical and Legal Affairs
Center for the Study of Bioethics
Medical College of Wisconsin
Allison Mechem Weaver
- Hysterectomy and growth attenuation: Therapy for disabled girl sparks debate
- Probe reasons if asked to keep info from patients
- ED physicians may not be 'colorblind,' research says
- When refusal of care endangers patient safety
- Medical board decision suspends executions in NC
- discuss new information about hospital-based approaches to bioethical issues and developments in the regulatory arena that apply to the hospital ethics committee
- stay abreast of developments in bioethics and their implications on patient care, risk management, and liability
- learn how bioethical issues specifically affect physicians, patients, and patients families
Financial Disclosure:Arthur R. Derse, MD, JD (Board Member), Allison Mechem Weaver (Editor), Coles McKagen (Associate Publisher), and Jill Robbins (Managing Editor) report no consultant, stockholder, speakers’ bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study.
Copyright 2007 AHC Media. All rights reserved.