Target Audience:This activity is intended for acute care physicians, chiefs of medicine, hospital administrators, nurse managers, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, social workers, and chaplains.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation:AHC Media designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Faculty Board Member
Arthur R. Derse, MD, JD
Medical and Legal Affairs
Center for the Study of Bioethics
Medical College of Wisconsin
Editorial Group Head
- The VA leads change toward IntegratedEthics approach
- Widespread interest in VA ethics program
- 73% of physicians discuss mistakes with colleagues
- AMA's Ethical Force program aims for measures
- Maintain infrastructure in flu pandemic
- End-of-life discussions with physicians have benefits
- AMA lauds action on mental health coverage
- Criminal charges unlikely for prescribing opioids
- NHPCO awards grants to hospice providers
- Palliative care saves money, study says
- discuss new information about hospital-based approaches to bioethical issues and developments in the regulatory arena that apply to the hospital ethics committee
- stay abreast of developments in bioethics and their implications on patient care, risk management, and liability
- learn how bioethical issues specifically affect physicians, patients, and patients families
Financial Disclosure:Arthur R. Derse, MD, JD (Board Member), Karen Young (Editor), and Russell Underwood (Editorial Group Head) report no consultant, stockholder, speakers’ bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study.
Copyright 2008 AHC Media. All rights reserved.