Target Audience:This activity is intended for acute care physicians, chiefs of medicine, hospital administrators, nurse managers, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, social workers, and chaplains.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation:AHC Media designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Faculty Board Member
Arthur R. Derse, MD, JD
Medical and Legal Affairs
Center for the Study of Bioethics
Medical College of Wisconsin
Joy Daughtery Dickinson
- Kaiser Permanente changes landscape for hospital ethics
- Disaster preparedness for mentally impaired
- Community engagement-mental health research
- Organ trafficking – truth or urban myth?
- Muslim beliefs shape healthcare attitudes
- HHS regs enhanced for human research
- High schoolers learn about protections
- Test can determine fetal sex at 7 weeks
- Conference analyzes ethics in research
- Palliative care group comments on ethics
- Discuss new developments in regulation and health care system approaches to bioethical issues applicable to specific health care systems
- Explain the implications for new developments in bioethics as it relates to all aspects of patient care and health care delivery in institutional settings
- Discuss the effect of bioethics on patients, their families, physicians, and society
Financial Disclosure:Arthur R. Derse, MD, JD (Board Member), Joy Daughtery Dickinson (Executive Editor), and Felicia Willis (Managing Editor) report no consultant, stockholder, speakers’ bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study.
Copyright 2011 AHC Media. All rights reserved.