Target Audience:This activity is intended for acute care physicians, chiefs of medicine, hospital administrators, nurse managers, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, social workers, and chaplains.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation:AHC Media designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Faculty Board Member
Arthur R. Derse, MD, JD
Medical and Legal Affairs
Center for the Study of Bioethics
Medical College of Wisconsin
Joy Daughtery Dickinson
- 'Buy one get one free' healthcare Is it unethical or just undignified?
- BOGO: Healthcare by smartphone
- Palliative care: advancing or deficient?
- Data collection comes to palliative care
- Palliative care hardwired into hospital system
- Patients with ICDs learn of EOL options
- Ethical complexities of conjoined twins
- Undocumented patients get a safety net
- Emotional toll of DTC genetic testing
- Improvement checklists help quality processes
- Discuss new developments in regulation and health care system approaches to bioethical issues applicable to specific health care systems
- Explain the implications for new developments in bioethics as it relates to all aspects of patient care and health care delivery in institutional settings
- Discuss the effect of bioethics on patients, their families, physicians, and society
Financial Disclosure:Arthur R. Derse, MD, JD (Board Member), Joy Daughtery Dickinson (Executive Editor), and Felicia Willis (Managing Editor) report no consultant, stockholder, speakers’ bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study.
Copyright 2011 AHC Media. All rights reserved.