Target Audience:This activity is intended for acute care physicians, chiefs of medicine, hospital administrators, nurse managers, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, social workers, and chaplains.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation:AHC Media designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Faculty Board Member
Arthur R. Derse, MD, JD
Medical and Legal Affairs
Center for the Study of Bioethics
Medical College of Wisconsin
Joy Daughtery Dickinson
- Hospitals grapple with ethics of donation after cardiocirculatory death
- Study suggests clarity in informed consent
- Researchers weigh in on H5N1 research
- Bioethicists contribute to consensus opinion
- Presidential commission promotes reforms
- Recommendations for review boards
- Request for comments on genome data
- Organizations end myths about organ donation
- News Briefs
- Discuss new developments in regulation and health care system approaches to bioethical issues applicable to specific health care systems
- Explain the implications for new developments in bioethics as it relates to all aspects of patient care and health care delivery in institutional settings
- Discuss the effect of bioethics on patients, their families, physicians, and society
Financial Disclosure:Arthur R. Derse, MD, JD (Board Member), Joy Daughtery Dickinson (Executive Editor), and Felicia Willis (Managing Editor) report no consultant, stockholder, speakers’ bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study.
Copyright 2012 AHC Media. All rights reserved.