Target Audience:This activity is intended for acute care physicians, chiefs of medicine, hospital administrators, nurse managers, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, social workers, and chaplains.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation:AHC Media designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Faculty Listing: Board Member and Consulting Editor
Arthur R. Derse, MD, JD
Director and Professor
Center for Bioethics and Medical Humanities
Institute for Health and Society Medical College of Wisconsin
Shelly Morrow Mark
- Make yourself relevant to clinical areas: Meet providers' needs for ethical guidance
- Combating obesity raises ethical concerns
- MDs in"ethically untenable" position with undocumented patients
- Plight of undocumented patients:"A difficult position"
- More training might be needed on industry gifts
- Will health care reform affect informed consent?
- Minimum criteria ensure consistent evaluation
- Focus on ethics of social networking
- Discuss new developments in regulation and health care system approaches to bioethical issues applicable to specific health care systems
- Explain the implications for new developments in bioethics as it relates to all aspects of patient care and health care delivery in institutional settings
- Discuss the effect of bioethics on patients, their families, physicians, and society
Financial Disclosure:Arthur R. Derse, MD, JD (Consulting Editor), Shelly Morrow Mark (Executive Editor), Leslie Hamlin (Managing Editor), and Stacey Kusterbeck (Contributing Editor) report no consultant, stockholder, speakers’ bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study.
Copyright 2013 AHC Media. All rights reserved.