Target Audience:This activity is intended for the neurologist.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation:AHC Media designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Is Vitamin E Useful For the Prevention or Treatment of Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)?
- Acute Stroke Therapy Beyond IV tPA: Clot Removal—Bust It Up or Pull It Out
- Back to Basics: The EEG in CJD
- Challenges in Parkinson’s Disease Dementia Treatment
- Diabetic Autonomic Neuropathy
- Amyloid Neuropathy
- Present current scientific data regarding diagnosis and treatment of neurologic disease, including stroke, Alzheimer?s disease, transient ischemic attack, and coma
- Discuss the pathogenesis and treatment of pain
- Present "basic science? lessons in brain function
- Discuss information regarding new drugs for commonly diagnosed diseases and new uses for traditional drugs
- Discuss nonclinical issues of importance to neurologists, such as the right to die and the physician?s legal obligation to patients with terminal illness
Financial Disclosure:In order to reveal any potential bias in this publication, and in accordance with Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education guidelines, we disclose that Brian R. Apatoff, MD, PhD is on the speaker’s bureau of Biogen and Teva.
Norman R. Relkin, MD, PhD is on the speaker’s bureau of Pfizer, Eisai, and Athena Diagnostics and does research for Pfizer and Merck.
Michael Rubin, MD does research for ASTA Medica and Eli Lilly.
M. Flint Beal, MD is a consultant for Mitokor and Avicena.
Alan Z. Segal, MD is on the speaker’s bureau of Boehringer-Ingelheim.
Fred Plum, MD, Steven Frucht, MD, and Jeffrey Reich, MD, report no consultant, stockholder, speaker’s bureau, research, or other relationships related to this field of study.
Copyright 2005 AHC Media. All rights reserved.