Target Audience:This activity is intended for the neurologist.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation:AHC Media designates this enduring material for a maximum of 2.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Peripheral Neuropathy in Small Vessel Systemic Vasculitides
- Transient Ischemic Attacks: A Neurologic Emergency?
- Limb Girdle Muscular Dystrophy
- Post-craniotomy Headaches After Surgery
- Serum Concentrations of Retinol-binding Protein and Retinol in Patients with and without IIH
- Toward a Functional Anatomy of Tourette Syndrome
- Present current scientific data regarding diagnosis and treatment of neurologic disease, including stroke, Alzheimer?s disease, transient ischemic attack, and coma
- Discuss the pathogenesis and treatment of pain
- Present basic science lessons in brain function
- Discuss information regarding new drugs for commonly diagnosed diseases and new uses for traditional drugs
- Discuss nonclinical issues of importance to neurologists, such as the right to die and the physician?s legal obligation to patients with terminal illness
Neurology Alert’s physician editor, Matthew Fink, MD, reports no consultant, stockholder, speaker’s bureau, research, or other relationships related to this field of study. Assistant editor Michael Rubin, MD, FRCP(C) is on the speaker's bureau for Athena Diagnostics, and does research for Pfizer and Merck. Assistant editor Dara G. Jamieson, MD is a consultant for Boehringer Ingelheim and Merck, and is on the speaker's bureau for Boehringer Ingelheim, Merck, Ortho-McNeil, and Pfizer. Assistant editor Claire Henchcliffe, MD, DPhil reports that she is on the speaker's bureau for the following companies: GlaxoSmithKline, Teva, Boehringer Ingelheim, Schwarz Pharma, and Allergan. Assistant editors Dana Leifer, MD, author Erik J. Kobylarz, MD, PhD, and peer reviewer M. Flint Beal, MD, report no consultant, stockholder, speaker’s bureau, research, or other financial relationship with any company having ties to this field of study.
Copyright 2008 AHC Media. All rights reserved.