Target Audience:This activity is intended for the neurologist.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation:AHC Media designates this enduring material for a maximum of 2.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Matthew Fink, MD
Vice Chairman, Professor of Clinical Neurology
Weill Medical College
Chief of Division of Stroke and Critical Care Neurology
NewYork Presbyterian Hospital
M. Flint Beal, MD
Professor and Chairman,
Department of Neurology and Neuroscience
Michael Rubin, MD
Professor of Clinical Neurology
Weill Cornell Medical College
Adília Hormigo, MD, PhD
Attending Neurologist, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
Assistant Professor of Neurology
Weill Medical College of Cornell University
Melissa J. Nirenberg, MD, PhD
Assistant Professor, Neurology and Neuroscience
Weill Cornell Medical College.
- Are Vaccines Safe after Guillain-BarrÃ© and Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Neuropathy?
- Will Injection Therapy Soon Be Obsolete for Patients with Multiple Sclerosis?
- PET-CT Tumor Detection in Patients with Paraneoplastic Syndromes
- Pramipexole + Levodopa in Parkinson's Disease: Is the Whole Greater than the Sum of its Parts?
- Decreased Heart Rate Variability: A Cause for Sudden Unexpected Death in Epilepsy (SUDEP)?
- Stroke Alert: A Review of Current Clinical Stroke Literature
- Present current scientific data regarding diagnosis and treatment of neurologic disease, including stroke, Alzheimer?s disease, transient ischemic attack, and coma
- Discuss the pathogenesis and treatment of pain
- Present basic science lessons in brain function
- Discuss information regarding new drugs for commonly diagnosed diseases and new uses for traditional drugs
- Discuss nonclinical issues of importance to neurologists, such as the right to die and the physician?s legal obligation to patients with terminal illness
Neurology Alert's physician editor, Matthew Fink, MD, reports no consultant, stockholder, speaker’s bureau, research, or other relationships related to this field of study. Assistant editors Michael Rubin, MD, FRCP(C), Susan Gauthier, DO, MS, and Padmaja Kandula, MD, author Adília Hormigo, MD, PhD,and peer reviewer M. Flint Beal, MD, report no consultant, stockholder, speaker’s bureau, research, or other financial relationship with any company having ties to this field of study. Author Melissa J. Nirenberg, MD, PhD,reports that she has participated in consulting for Biovail.
Copyright 2010 AHC Media. All rights reserved.