Target Audience:This activity is intended for emergency and pediatric physicians.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation:AHC Media designates this enduring material for a maximum of 2.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Ronald M. Perkin, MD, MA, FAAP, FCCM
Professor and Chairman
Department of Pediatrics
The Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University
Elaine Cabinum-Foeller, MD
Assistant Professor of Pediatrics
Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University
Robert Schafermeyer, MD
Department of Emergency Medicine
Carolina Medical Center
Ann Dietrich, MD, FAAP, FACEP
Associate Clinical Professor
Ohio State University
Attending, Columbus Children's Hospital
Associate Pediatric Medical Director, MedFlight
- Apparent Life-threatening Events
- Quickly recognize or increase index of suspicion for specific conditions
- Understand the epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, historical and physical examination findings associated with the entity discussed
- Be educated about how to correctly formulate a differential diagnosis and perform necessary diagnostic tests
- Apply state-of-the-art therapeutic techniques (including the implications of pharmacologic therapy discussed) to patients with the particular medical problems discussed
- Provide patients with any necessary discharge instructions
Financial Disclosure:In order to reveal any potential bias in this publication, and in accordance with Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education guidelines, we disclose that Ronald M. Perkin, MD, MA and Elaine Cabinum-Foeller, MD (authors), report no consultant, stockholder, speaker’s bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study. Robert Schafermeyer, MD (reviewer) reports that he owns a consulting company. Ann Dietrich, MD, FAAP, FACEP, editor-in-chief, also reports no consultant, stockholder, speaker’s bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study.
Copyright 2005 AHC Media. All rights reserved.