Target Audience:This activity is intended for trauma physicians, trauma nurses, emergency department physicians, and emergency department nurses.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation:AHC Media designates this enduring material for a maximum of 2.5 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity is approved by the American College of Emergency Physicians for 2.5 hours of ACEP Category 1 credits.
This continuing medical education activity has been reviewed by the American Academy of Pediatrics and is acceptable for up to 2.5 AAP credits. These credits can be applied toward the AAP CME/CPD Award available to Fellows and Candidate Members of the American Academy of Pediatrics.
Ann Dietrich, MD, FAAP, FACEP
Professor of Pediatrics, Ohio State University;
Attending Physician, Nationwide Children
- Skin and Soft-tissue Infections
- recognize specific conditions in pediatric patients presenting to the emergency department
- describe the epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, historical and examination findings associated with conditions in pediatric patients presenting to the emergency department
- formulate a differential diagnosis and perform necessary diagnostic tests
- apply up-to-date therapeutic techniques to address conditions discussed in the publication
- discuss any discharge or follow-up instructions with patients.
To reveal any potential bias in this publication, and in accordance with Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education guidelines, we disclose that Dr. Dietrich (editor), Dr. Skrainka (CME question reviewer), Dr. Weiner (author), Dr. Kasmire (author), Dr. Winograd (peer reviewer), Ms. Mark (executive editor), and Ms. Hamlin (managing editor) report no financial relationships with companies related to the field of study covered by this CME activity.
Copyright 2013 AHC Media. All rights reserved.