Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation. AHC also is approved as a provider by the California Board of Registered Nursing (provider number CEP 10864).
Credit Designation:AHC Media designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity has been approved for 1.5 nursing contact hours using a 50-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.5 Contact Hours.
- Surgery center inspections compared to taco trucks and come up short
- Medicare to increase hospital rates by 3.2%
- Plan carefully before adding new procedures
- Perform financial analysis before adding cases
- Cell phones, rude staff, other problems addressed
- Ensure clean claims for maximum payment
- Surgery centers report financial benchmarks
- Baxter recalls infusion pumps
- JCAHO expectations for 2006 patient safety goals
- identify clinical, managerial, regulatory, or social issues relating to ambulatory surgery care
- describe how current issues in ambulatory surgery affect clinical and management practices
- incorporate practical solutions to ambulatory surgery issues and concerns into daily practices
Financial Disclosure:Senior Managing Editor Joy Dickinson, Editorial Group Head Glen Harris, and Consulting Editor Mark Mayo report no consultant, stockholder, speaker’s bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study.