Target Audience:This activity is intended for outpatient surgeons, surgery center managers, and other clinicians.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Credit Designation:AHC Media designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity has been approved for 1.5 nursing contact hours using a 50-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.5 Contact Hours.
Senior Managing Editor
Editorial Group Head
Board Member and Nurse Planner
Kay Ball, RN, MSA, CNOR, FAAN
K & D Medical
Lewis Center, OH
Board Member and Columnist
Stephen W. Earnhart, MS
President and CEO
Earnhart & Associates
Illinois Freestanding Surgery Center Association
- Are you prepared for a pandemic? Leading facilities share how to gear up
- How to limit spread of respiratory illnesses
- Educate your staff, and hold pandemic drills
- To tape or not to tape: How do you handle jewelry?
- Surveyors want to see follow up to studies
- Time to celebrate reimbursement changes?
- CMS posts data on ASC payments
- Drugs can cause problems during cataract surgery
- Ergonomics research offers patient safety tips
- ISMP, FDA provide free toolkit to reduce errors
- Credentialing & QI pose challenges for office programs
- On-line or on paper — peer review is key
- Patient safety issues need your attention
- Identify clinical, managerial, regulatory, or social issues relating to ambulatory surgery care
- Describe how current issues in ambulatory surgery affect clinical and management practices
- Incorporate practical solutions to ambulatory surgery issues and concerns into daily practices
Financial Disclosure:Author Sheryl Jackson, Senior Managing Editor Joy Dickinson, Editorial Group Head Glen Harris, Board Member and Nurse Planner Kay Ball, RN, MSA, CNOR, FAAN, and Board Member and Columnist Stephen W. Earnhart, MS report no consultant, stockholder, speaker’s bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study. Consulting Editor Mark Mayo reports that he is an employee of Symbion Healthcare.
Copyright 2006 AHC Media. All rights reserved.