Target Audience:This activity is intended for outpatient surgeons, surgery center managers, and other clinicians.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Credit Designation:This activity has been approved for 1.25 nursing contact hours using a 60-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.25 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
Senior Managing Editor
Editorial Group Head
Board Member and Nurse Planner
Kay Ball, RN, MSA, CNOR, FAAN
K & D Medical
Lewis Center, OH
Board Member and Columnist
Stephen W. Earnhart, MS
Earnhart & Associates
Illinois Freestanding Surgery Center Association
- 30 years later, ambulatory surgery is braced for market, payment changes
- Quality reporting on the ASC side
- Hoping for 70%+ of HOPD rate
- In preparation for changes, ASC cuts 10% of supply costs
- You've come a long way, baby!
- Science fiction or fact? Lights come on by command
- Patient selection not determined by 1 factor
- Changes I have seen over three decades
- It's official — CMS changes H&P rule
- Medicare hospital, physician data posted
- Back pain procedure OK'd for extra payment
- Joint Commission revises look-alike/sound-alike list
- Identify clinical, managerial, regulatory, or social issues relating to ambulatory surgery care
- Describe how current issues in ambulatory surgery affect clinical and management practices
- Incorporate practical solutions to ambulatory surgery issues and concerns into daily practices
Financial Disclosure:Author Sheryl Jackson, Senior Managing Editor Joy Dickinson, Editorial Group Head Glen Harris, Board Member and Nurse Planner Kay Ball, RN, MSA, CNOR, FAAN, and Board Member and Columnist Stephen W. Earnhart, MS report no consultant, stockholder, speaker’s bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study. Consulting Editor Mark Mayo reports that he is an employee of Symbion Healthcare.
Copyright 2007 AHC Media. All rights reserved.