Target Audience:This activity is intended for outpatient surgeons, surgery center managers, and other clinicians.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation:AHC Media designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Senior Managing Editor
Board Member and Nurse Planner
Kay Ball, RN, MSA, CNOR, FAAN
K & D Medical
Lewis Center, OH
Board Member and Columnist
Stephen W. Earnhart, MS
President and CEO
Earnhart & Associates
Illinois Freestanding Surgery Center Association
- When you have a serious adverse event should you apologize, waive charges?
- Weigh waiving charges after an adverse event
- Connect to physician offices through Internet
- Sutures used to treat acid reflux disease
- Age, gender, culture are key competencies
- Comments on anesthesia and finding good staff
- Physicians own all or part of 95% of ASCs
- Identify clinical, managerial, regulatory, or social issues relating to ambulatory surgery care
- Describe how current issues in ambulatory surgery affect clinical and management practices
- Incorporate practical solutions to ambulatory surgery issues and concerns into daily practices
Financial Disclosure:Author Sheryl Jackson, Senior Managing Editor Joy Dickinson, Associate Publisher Coles McKagen, Board Member and Nurse Planner Kay Ball, RN, MSA, CNOR, FAAN, and Board Member and Columnist Stephen W. Earnhart, MS report no consultant, stockholder, speaker’s bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study. Consulting Editor Mark Mayo reports that he is an employee of Symbion Healthcare.
Copyright 2007 AHC Media. All rights reserved.