Target Audience:This activity is intended for outpatient surgeons, surgery center managers, and other clinicians.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Credit Designation:This activity has been approved for 1.25 nursing contact hours using a 60-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.25 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
Senior Managing Editor
Board Member and Nurse Planner
Kay Ball, RN, MSA, CNOR, FAAN
K & D Medical
Lewis Center, OH
Board Member and Columnist
Stephen W. Earnhart, MS
President and CEO
Earnhart & Associates
Corporate Director of ASC Operations
Magna Health Systems
Surgery Center Association of Illinois
- Wrong-site surgery is No. 1 among sentinel events — Are you at risk?
- Proposed conditions would take extra time
- Assess anticoagulants to meet new requirement
- It's 'yes' for artificial nails, but not in the OR
- You are invited — ASCs open doors to public
- Medication safety tops list of surveyors' focus
- Reconciliation form should show stop, start dates
- A surveyor at your door? Senior managers out?
- Identify clinical, managerial, regulatory, or social issues relating to ambulatory surgery care
- Describe how current issues in ambulatory surgery affect clinical and management practices
- Incorporate practical solutions to ambulatory surgery issues and concerns into daily practices
Financial Disclosure:Author Sheryl Jackson, Senior Managing Editor Joy Dickinson, Associate Publisher Coles McKagen, Board Member and Nurse Planner Kay Ball, RN, MSA, CNOR, FAAN, and Board Member and Columnist Stephen W. Earnhart, MS report no consultant, stockholder, speaker’s bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study. Consulting Editor Mark Mayo reports that he is an employee of Magna Health Systems and a consultant for DayOne Health.
Copyright 2007 AHC Media. All rights reserved.