Target Audience:This activity is intended for outpatient surgeons, surgery center managers, and other clinicians.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Credit Designation:This activity has been approved for 1.25 nursing contact hours using a 60-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.25 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
Senior Managing Editor
Board Member and Nurse Planner
Kay Ball, RN, MSA, CNOR, FAAN
K & D Medical
Lewis Center, OH
Board Member and Columnist
Stephen W. Earnhart, MS
President and CEO
Earnhart & Associates
Corporate Director of ASC Operations
Magna Health Systems
Surgery Center Association of Illinois
- Even patients who seem healthy can die unexpectedly — How will you respond?
- Half of hospitals don't bill for 'never events'
- Do you have to tell The Joint Commission?
- Life-threatening situations can occur in your program
- Cell phones and other things that annoy me
- Surgeons reluctant to trade suture sharps
- Use data to push sharps safety in the OR
- Expect the unexpected with media coverage
- Outbreak leads to 70% absentee rate
- Tackle nursing shortage by attracting, keeping senior nurses
- Identify clinical, managerial, regulatory, or social issues relating to ambulatory surgery care
- Describe how current issues in ambulatory surgery affect clinical and management practices
- Incorporate practical solutions to ambulatory surgery issues and concerns into daily practices
Financial Disclosure:Author Sheryl Jackson, Senior Managing Editor Joy Dickinson, Associate Publisher Coles McKagen, Board Member and Nurse Planner Kay Ball, RN, MSA, CNOR, FAAN, and Board Member and Columnist Stephen W. Earnhart, MS report no consultant, stockholder, speaker’s bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study. Consulting Editor Mark Mayo reports that he is an employee of Magna Health Systems and a consultant for DayOne Health.
Copyright 2007 AHC Media. All rights reserved.