Target Audience:This activity is intended for outpatient surgeons, surgery center managers, and other clinicians.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Credit Designation:This activity has been approved for 1.25 nursing contact hours using a 60-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.25 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
Senior Managing Editor
Board Member and Nurse Planner
Kay Ball, RN, MSA, CNOR, FAAN
K & D Medical
Lewis Center, OH
Board Member and Columnist
Stephen W. Earnhart, MS
President and CEO
Earnhart & Associates
Corporate Director of ASC Operations
Magna Health Systems
Surgery Center Association of Illinois
- Could your surgery program be accused of fraud? Recent cases raise question
- HealthSouth case offers lessons
- Outsiders may know of phone use in OR
- Foreign cases show phone use cited
- Community-acquired MRSA boosts need for awareness
- Patient isolation tips for outpatient surgery
- Protect your patients and their environment
- Small steps add up to major waste reductions
- Things I'm gonna change in 2008
- Identify clinical, managerial, regulatory, or social issues relating to ambulatory surgery care
- Describe how current issues in ambulatory surgery affect clinical and management practices
- Incorporate practical solutions to ambulatory surgery issues and concerns into daily practices
Financial Disclosure:Author Sheryl Jackson, Senior Managing Editor Joy Dickinson, Associate Publisher Coles McKagen, Board Member and Nurse Planner Kay Ball, RN, MSA, CNOR, FAAN, and Board Member and Columnist Stephen W. Earnhart, MS report no consultant, stockholder, speaker’s bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study. Consulting Editor Mark Mayo reports that he is an employee of Magna Health Systems and a consultant for DayOne Health.
Copyright 2008 AHC Media. All rights reserved.