Target Audience:This activity is intended for outpatient surgeons, surgery center managers, and other clinicians.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Credit Designation:This activity has been approved for 1.25 nursing contact hours using a 60-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.25 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
Faculty Senior Managing Editor
Board Member and Nurse Planner
Kay Ball, RN, MSA, CNOR, FAAN
K & D Medical
Lewis Center, OH
Board Member and Columnist
Stephen W. Earnhart, MS
President and CEO
Earnhart & Associates
Corporate Director of ASC Operations
Magna Health Systems
Surgery Center Association of Illinois
Steven D. Schwaitzberg, MD
Chief of Surgery
Cambridge (MA) Health Alliance
- Should you ban latex or latex-allergic patients? Providers weigh in on issue
- FDA approves material for examination glove
- Should you handle latex allergies as outpatients?
- Federal agencies address latex allergies
- 7 steps to reducing flash sterilization rate
- Daily planning limits flash sterilization
- Surgeons, staff share what they like about surgery
- ASCs: Re-examine these specialties for 2009
- Are you prepared to address 'health care road rage'? Jan. 1 deadline is looming for TJC
- Steps to developing a code of conduct
- Why does surgery setting lead to more outbursts?
- Identify clinical, managerial, regulatory, or social issues relating to ambulatory surgery care
- Describe how current issues in ambulatory surgery affect clinical and management practices
- Incorporate practical solutions to ambulatory surgery issues and concerns into daily practices
Financial Disclosure:Senior Managing Editor Joy Dickinson, Associate Publisher Coles McKagen, Board Member and Nurse Planner Kay Ball, RN, MSA, CNOR, FAAN, and Board Member and Columnist Stephen W. Earnhart, MS report no consultant, stockholder, speaker’s bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study. Consulting Editor Mark Mayo reports that he is an employee of Magna Health Systems and a consultant for DayOne Health. Steven D. Schwaitzberg, MD, Physician Reviewer, discloses that he is on the speakers bureau for Stryker Corp. and Merck & Co., he is a medical advisor to Surgiquest, and he is a stockholder in Starion Instruments.
Copyright 2008 AHC Media. All rights reserved.