Target Audience:This activity is intended for outpatient surgeons, surgery center managers, and other clinicians.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Credit Designation:This activity has been approved for 1.25 nursing contact hours using a 60-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.25 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
Faculty Senior Managing Editor
Board Member and Nurse Planner
Kay Ball, RN, PhD, CNOR, FAAN
K & D Medical
Lewis Center, OH
Board Member and Columnist
Stephen W. Earnhart, MS
Earnhart & Associates
Ambulatory Surgery Center Association of Illinois
Steven D. Schwaitzberg, MD
Chief of Surgery
Cambridge (MA) Health Alliance
- Should sleep-deprived surgeons inform patients of their condition?
- Checks and balances keep denials low
- Don't fall behind: Stay updated on surgery trends
- Will you be caught off guard at your survey? — Focus on infection control, patient safety
- Anesthesiologist wins safety and quality award
- Joint Commission offers Leading Practice Library
- Identify clinical, managerial, regulatory, or social issues relating to ambulatory surgery care
- Describe how current issues in ambulatory surgery affect clinical and management practices
- Incorporate practical solutions to ambulatory surgery issues and concerns into daily practices
Financial Disclosure:Senior Managing Editor Joy Dickinson, Executive Editor Coles McKagen, Board Member and Nurse Planner Kay Ball, RN, PhD, CNOR, FAAN, and Board Member and Columnist Stephen W. Earnhart, MS report no consultant, stockholder, speaker’s bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study. Consulting Editor Mark Mayo reports that he is an Administrative Consultant to USPI Chicago Market. Steven D. Schwaitzberg, MD, Physician Reviewer, discloses that he is on the speakers bureau for Stryker Corp. and Merck & Co., he is a medical advisor to Surgiquest, and he is a stockholder in Starion Instruments.
Copyright 2011 AHC Media. All rights reserved.