Target Audience:This activity is intended for outpatient surgeons, surgery center managers, and other clinicians.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Credit Designation:This activity has been approved for 1.25 nursing contact hours using a 60-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.25 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
Faculty Executive Editor
Board Member and Nurse Planner
Kay Ball, RN, PhD, CNOR, FAAN
K & D Medical
Lewis Center, OH
Board Member and Columnist
Stephen W. Earnhart, MS
President and CEO
Earnhart & Associates
ASC Association of Illinois
Director of Ambulatory Services
Ambulatory Surgical Care Facility
Steven D. Schwaitzberg, MD
Chief of Surgery
Cambridge (MA) Health Alliance
- Be prepared — Don't let errors with medications happen on your watch
- $3.3M verdict after surgeon says 'sorry'
- When, how to disclose a provider's errors
- Please take note: Top surgeon irritants
- Innovative ideas for patient education
- Identify clinical, managerial, regulatory, or social issues relating to ambulatory surgery care
- Describe how current issues in ambulatory surgery affect clinical and management practices
- Incorporate practical solutions to ambulatory surgery issues and concerns into daily practices
Financial Disclosure:Executive Editor Joy Dickinson, Board Member and Nurse Planner Kay Ball, RN, PhD, CNOR, FAAN, and Board Member and Columnist Stephen W. Earnhart, MS report no consultant, stockholder, speaker’s bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study. Mark Mayo, Consulting Editor reports that he is director of ambulatory services, Ambulatory Surgical Care Facility, Aurora, IL. Steven D. Schwaitzberg, MD, Physician Reviewer, discloses that he is on the speakers bureau for Stryker Corp. and Merck & Co., he is a medical advisor to Surgiquest, and he is a stockholder in Starion Instruments.
Copyright 2011 AHC Media. All rights reserved.