Target Audience:This activity is intended for outpatient surgeons, surgery center managers, and other clinicians.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Credit Designation:This activity has been approved for 1.25 nursing contact hours using a 60-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.25 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
Faculty Executive Editor
Board Member and Nurse Planner
Kay Ball, RN, PhD, CNOR, FAAN
K & D Medical
Lewis Center, OH
Board Member and Columnist
Stephen W. Earnhart, MS
President and CEO
Earnhart & Associates
ASC Association of Illinois
Director of Ambulatory Services
Ambulatory Surgical Care Facility
Steven D. Schwaitzberg, MD
Chief of Surgery
Cambridge (MA) Health Alliance
- Is there sexism among surgeons? Some answer with emphatic 'yes'
- Proposal released for quality reporting
- Solutions that work for difficult staffing issues
- Needlesticks decrease, but challenges remain
- David Shapiro, MD awarded by SDS
- The top troublesome standards in surveys by The Joint Commission
- New tool addresses wrong-site surgeries
- Speak up posters available in English, Spanish
- AAAASF announces Medicare survey DVD/CD
- Joint Commission targets non-licensed non-staff
- Identify clinical, managerial, regulatory, or social issues relating to ambulatory surgery care
- Describe how current issues in ambulatory surgery affect clinical and management practices
- Incorporate practical solutions to ambulatory surgery issues and concerns into daily practices
Financial Disclosure:Executive Editor Joy Dickinson, Board Member and Nurse Planner Kay Ball, RN, PhD, CNOR, FAAN, and Board Member and Columnist Stephen W. Earnhart, MS, report no consultant, stockholder, speaker’s bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study. Mark Mayo, Consulting Editor reports that he is director of ambulatory services, Ambulatory Surgical Care Facility, Aurora, IL. Steven D. Schwaitzberg, MD, Physician Reviewer, discloses that he is on the speakers bureau for Stryker Corp. and Merck & Co., he is a medical advisor to Surgiquest, and he is a stockholder in Starion Instruments.
Copyright 2012 AHC Media. All rights reserved.