Target Audience:This activity is intended for outpatient surgeons, surgery center managers, and other clinicians.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation:AHC Media designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Faculty Listing: Executive Editor
Board Member and Nurse Planner
Kay Ball, RN, PhD, CNOR, FAAN
K & D Medical
Lewis Center, OH
Board Member and Columnist
Stephen W. Earnhart, MS
President and CEO
Earnhart & Associates
ASC Association of Illinois
Mark Mayo Health Care Consultants
Round Lake, IL
Steven D. Schwaitzberg, MD
Chief of Surgery
Cambridge (MA) Health Alliance
- $68,000 proposed OSHA fine for ASC raises concerns: Is the field complying?
- OSHA Citations for Health East Ambulatory Surgical Center
- 5 steps to compliance with OSHA regulations
- "˜High reliability' hospital obsessed with safety
- Tips and tricks for the SDS trade
- 4-year degree nurses tied to fewer deaths
- CDC contacting facilities with high infection rates
- Your EMR charting might be provably false!
- Top 10 technology issues for healthcare in 2013
- ACOG: Robotic surgery is not the best
- MedPAC discusses, but doesn't equalize pay rates
- Preventing unsafe devices from reaching the market
- Identify clinical, managerial, regulatory, or social issues relating to ambulatory surgery care
- Describe how current issues in ambulatory surgery affect clinical and management practices
- Incorporate practical solutions to ambulatory surgery issues and concerns into daily practices
Financial Disclosure:Executive Editor Joy Dickinson, Board Member and Nurse Planner Kay Ball, RN, PhD, CNOR, FAAN, and Board Member and Columnist Stephen W. Earnhart, MS, report no consultant, stockholder, speaker’s bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study. Mark Mayo, Consulting Editor reports that he is director of ambulatory services, Ambulatory Surgical Care Facility, Aurora, IL. Steven D. Schwaitzberg, MD, Physician Reviewer, discloses that he is on the speakers bureau for Stryker Corp. and Merck & Co., he is a medical advisor to Surgiquest, and he is a stockholder in Starion Instruments.
Copyright 2013 AHC Media. All rights reserved.