Target Audience:This activity is intended for outpatient surgeons, surgery center managers, and other clinicians.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation:This activity has been approved for 1.25 nursing contact hours using a 60-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.25 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
Faculty Listing: Executive Editor
Board Member and Nurse Planner
Kay Ball, RN, PhD, CNOR, FAAN
K & D Medical
Lewis Center, OH
Board Member and Columnist
Stephen W. Earnhart, MS
President and CEO
Earnhart & Associates
ASC Association of Illinois
Mark Mayo Health Care Consultants
Round Lake, IL
Stephen Punzak, MD
CEO, Medical Web Technologies,
- Before you add the latest OR gadget, Google Glass, explore cautions, limits
- Surgery center increases payments by 47%
- From `clueless’ to success in collections
- Hospitals: Beef up discharge planning
- Questions from trenches of outpatient surgery
- Answers to questions on quality reporting
- Safety checklists reduce postop complications
- Stocking dantrolene saves lives and money
- Anesthesiologists told: Question 5 procedures
- Wearing 2 sets of gloves cuts contamination
- Simple instructions boost meds compliance
- TJC alert addresses unsafe injection practices
- Identify clinical, managerial, regulatory, or social issues relating to ambulatory surgery care
- Describe how current issues in ambulatory surgery affect clinical and management practices
- Incorporate practical solutions to ambulatory surgery issues and concerns into daily practices
Financial Disclosure:Executive Editor Joy Dickinson, Board Member and Nurse Planner Kay Ball, RN, PhD, CNOR, FAAN, and Board Member and Columnist Stephen W. Earnhart, MS, report no consultant, stockholder, speaker's bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study. Mark Mayo, Consulting Editor reports that he is director of ambulatory services, Ambulatory Surgical Care Facility, Aurora, IL. Stephen Punzak, MD, physician reviewer, discloses that he is CEO, founder, and stockholder with Medical Web Technologies.
Copyright 2014 AHC Media. All rights reserved.